Skip to main content

Almost There!


 I sat down the other day,

And examined my scars of old.

Not the outside variety, 

But those of my soul.


The ones you never show,

Or at least try not to.

It was then I realized, 

I'm almost through!


Almost home,

Almost to a point.

That this life,

Is almost gone!


Oh yes, 

There's been scars to bear.

And they've come from every corner, 

Of life, seemingly everywhere. 


But I'm almost home,

 almost there!

Almost to the place,

They can’t touch me there!


No more memories of pain,

To torment my mind.

No more cracks in the armor,

From the battle lines!


No more wounds so deep,

To remind me of my falls.

No more missing the mark,

All the times I was called. 


No more disabilities,

To limit my scope.

And no more doubt, 

To rob my hope!


No more will those things,

Call my name.

Or have any say,

Cause any shame. 


Because I'm almost home

Almost there!

Just past that bend,

My place is there.


If I arrive before you,

I'll save you a chair.

Just remember, 

Jesus is the only way,

We get, there!














Comments

Popular